Deep Devotion: J.S. Bach on Bass Guitar released on the Net Dot Music label
Bass guitar and keyboard player Gino Foti has released his first all-bass album on the Net Dot Music independent label.
Deep Devotion features twenty arrangements of Johann Sebastian Bach compositions, for one to four bass guitars, covering both sacred and secular, vocal and instrumental works from the master’s oeuvre. All tracks were performed on a standard – four strings, twenty-four frets, long scale – electric bass.
Although this is his first Classical album, he has used the genre’s elements and forms, especially from the Baroque era, in many of his previous thirteen solo releases – principally in the world fusion category – as well as with his instrumental progressive rock band, Electrum.
1. Prelude, Suite 1 in G Major for Unaccompanied Cello (arr. in D Maj), BWV 1007
2. “Little” Fugue in G minor, BWV 578
3. Allegro, Concerto in A minor, after Vivaldi (Op. 3 No. 8), BWV 593\
4. Prelude 1 in C Major, with Charles Gounod’s “Ave Maria”, BWV 846
5. Fughetta, Prelude and Fughetta in G Major (arr. in C Maj), BWV 902
6. Gute Nacht o Wesen, Chorale Prelude, Motet 3 in E minor, BWV 227
7. Badinerie, Orchestral Suite in B minor, BWV 1067
8. Inventio 14 in Bb Major, Inventions and Sinfonias, BWV 785
9. Prelude 3 in C# Major, The Well-Tempered Clavier – Book I, BWV 848
10. Contrapunctus 4 a 4, The Art of Fugue, BWV 1080
11. Allegro, Sonata in C Major for Solo Flute, BWV 1033
12. Et in Spiritum Sanctum, Bass Aria, Mass in B minor, BWV 232
13. Inventio 8 in F Major, Inventions and Sinfonias, BWV 779
14. Gigue, Suite in C minor for Lute (arr. in A min), BWV 997
15. “Goldberg” Variatio 1, Aria with Divers Variations, BWV 988
16. Minuet in D minor, Anna Magdalena Bach 1725 Notebook, BWV Anh. 132
17. Fugue in G Major “à la Gigue”, BWV 577
18. Laß mein Herz die Münze sein, Bass Aria, Nur jedem das Seine, BWV 163
19. Minuet II, Suite 1 in G Major for Unaccompanied Violoncello, BWV 1007
20. Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
About Gino Foti:
His music explores the relationships between diverse musical traditions, and the dichotomy of rhythm and melody of the bass guitar, by integrating ethnic sonorities into his jazz-rock fusion palette. If you are an avid listener of world music, or related hybrids like: world jazz, world beat, and ethnic fusion – even new age & European Classical – you will probably connect with the music in his catalog.
About Net Dot Music:
Net Dot Music is an independent record label specializing in instrumental fusion – all-instrumental music that blends several styles and genres. Our artist roster, catalog of over three dozen full-length releases, and a free mp3 label sampler album are available through our website.
Net Dot Music is an independent record label specializing in instrumental fusion: all-instrumental music that blends several styles and genres. Our catalog contains several jazz fusion, world fusion, and instrumental progressive rock releases. Home of Electrum, Gino Foti, Dave Kulju, Massimo, and Chris Rossi.